Thursday, January 10, 2013

 Well, it has been FOREVER since I have been able to put anything on my blog. So I thought that I would take the time to give her an update.  I haven't been able to do to many projects considering the holidays and now our normal Arkansas weather. But I have churned out a few. 

Here is one more piece with antique doors (one of my favorite things). This is a shelving unit that can be utilized so many great ways. You can use it as a book shelf, mine is in the bathroom for towels, or use in the dining room for your unique antique pieces. 


 First of all, there is a full door in the back. Then, for the sides, this is another antique door that has been cut in half. Place your halves to your inside of your unit so that you don't see where you have made your cuts. 

SHELVES ARE TRICKY!! I made 1"ledger all the way around sides and back to go along where I wanted my shelf. Use a level to make sure that you have it level and where you want it. Mark it, and I used screws. 

After doing this exercise, measure inside dimensions for your shelves. *Note: Measure each shelf!  I routered my edges for a finished look. Stained and polyed them. Pained the doors, then screwed shelves down. 
TA-DA!!  Another great 
project completed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doggie Bed

Doggie Bed

Doggie Bed From Chair

Doggie Bed From Chair
New Items

Swag Light of whiskey rings

Swag Light of whiskey rings
New Projects

antique chair

antique chair
denim decor w/ speriment splash

antique table w/ pennies

antique table w/ pennies
Gotta love chalk paint

Antique Door Bench

Antique Door Bench

primitive Bench

primitive Bench

Stenciled sign

Stenciled sign
New item for show

Burlap Napkin Rings

Burlap Napkin Rings
Harvest Decor

Antique Window

Antique Window
Another Window Project

Vintage cabinet

Vintage cabinet
Cabinet made of screen door